• Must have a Highschool Diploma or GED.
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in repair and maintenance of janitorial equipment.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude with various types of cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaners, floor machines, auto scrubbers, burnishers, carpet extractors including battery and propane-powered equipment.
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
• Valid/Clean Driver’s license.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and the current versions of MS Office.
• Must be able to pass drug testing.
• Perform in-house/on-site diagnostic and repair of customers’ equipment with a focus on commercial/industrial janitorial equipment. Includes: Vacuums, sweepers, auto-scrubbers, extractors, floor machines, pressure washers, etc.…
• Perform periodic preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
• Install and implement warranty service work on equipment.
• Provide equipment maintenance to customers; offer preventative maintenance schedules to new and existing customers; provide after-hours equipment repair for select customers when needed.
• Provide detailed tech and pm sheets for equipment, whether on-site or in-house; maintain records of billable service, parts, and sale of equipment.
• Test and prepare equipment for shipping; perform equipment installations (dilution control and laundry systems, towel dispensers).
• Train customers on proper usage of equipment and consumables.
• Provide onsite equipment demonstrations with management or sales team members.
• Maintain showroom equipment.
• Perform other functions as necessary.
• Deliver repaired or new equipment to customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• General line equipment knowledge.
• Knowledge of competitive equipment installations in assigned geographical marketplace desirable.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives. Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented, able to work with little direct supervision; well organized, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects and effectively follow through on projects.
• Strong critical thinking, questioning, and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and in an environment full of deadlines, providing accurate output.
• Able to work on varied brands of janitorial equipment (Karcher/Windsor, NSS, Nobles/Tennant, Advance, etc.).
• Travel for on-site repairs at customer’s facilities; subject to extremes in weather and traffic conditions.
• Overtime, occasional late nights, participation in physical inventory, vehicle/shop cleaning.
• Repair shop environment.
• Able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; able to bend, stoop and kneel on a frequent basis.
Upload Your Resume