Distribute products to South Jersey Paper customers throughout the tri-state area by driving various size trucks and trailers in a safe, timely, and professional manner. Assist customers with the unloading of freight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
40% Drive trucks and trailers, following assigned routes and predetermined schedule, to various customer locations in a professional and courteous manner. Obey all traffic rules and devices.
35% Deliver products to customers without damage to products or customer property. Record accurate product delivery by checking product with customer and securing signed invoices, collect COD. Handle all customer interactions in a polite, respectful manner. Interact daily with customer service via telephone to handle customer issues.
10% Perform various pre-trip duties such as: inspecting the truck, trailer, equipment used for daily duties, checking and securing load, and completing all assigned inspection paperwork.
10% Complete and review paperwork including: inspection sheets, signed invoices, and mileage log. Submit completed paperwork to the Traffic Manager daily.
5% Clean equipment when finished with daily duties, empty and sweep truck and trailer, put away returned products in the designated return area and check with Traffic Manager for any additional end of day duties.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ride with other drivers to learn new or changing routes.
- Assure proper housekeeping and organization of equipment.
- Make suggestions to improve productivity and quality.
- Effectively maintain a safe work environment for you and all co-workers and follow up on safety issues as identified.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from high school, the possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or equivalent work experience that would demonstrate general math skills and the ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written communication from supervisor and coworkers.
- Forklift certificate.
- Possession of a valid, current CDL License
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, reach, sit, use fingers, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Class-A CDL
- Must be at least 23 Years of Age
- Excellent Motor Vehicle Record
- Minimum of 1 year of Class A Tractor / Trailer driving experience
- No more than 7 jobs in the last 5 years
- No DUI, DWI, or Reckless Driving charges in the last 5 years
- Must be able to pass DOT Drug Test, DOT Physical, & Road Test
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Holiday & Vacation Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Competitive Pay
- Assigned Equipment (No Slip Seating)
- Company Wide Commitment to Safety
- Paid Training
- I-Phones Provided For Communications & Directions
- Trucks Fueled On-Site By Outside Contractor
[wordpress_file_upload redirect=”true” redirectlink=”http://southjerseypaper.com/thank-you-resume-submitted/” placements=”title/userdata/filename+selectbutton+uploadbutton/subfolders/message” uploadtitle=”Upload Your Resume” notify=”true” notifyrecipients=”firstname.lastname@example.org” notifyheaders=”Resume Upload” notifysubject=”%userdata8% File Upload Notification” notifymessage=”%userdata8%%n%%userdata1%%n%%userdata2%%n%%userdata3%%n%%userdata4%%n%%n%This is an automatic delivery message to notify you that a new file has been uploaded.%n%” attachfile=”true” userdata=”true” userdatalabel=”Name:|t:text|s:left|r:1|a:0|p:inline|d:/Email:|t:text|s:left|r:1|a:0|p:right|d:/Phone:|t:text|s:left|r:1|a:0|p:right|d:/Address:|t:text|s:left|r:0|a:0|p:right|d:/City:|t:text|s:left|r:0|a:0|p:right|d:/State:|t:text|s:left|r:0|a:0|p:right|d:/Zip:|t:text|s:left|r:0|a:0|p:right|d:/Position:|t:text|s:left|r:1|a:0|p:right|d:”]